Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank you ‘Taekwondo Queen’

Me and Sangina

“When I started sports, I just wanted to play but nowadays I am thinking that my game was not only a sports for myself”, taekwondo ace Sangina Vaidhya exploring her view. This single sentence addresses that Sports has lot more to do in our society.  “Sanguina is the daughter of an indigenous community. That is just one of many hurdles she has had to overcome, she told me.” She also didn’t leave to tell me that the experience was bitterer to fight as girl more than a player.  she is a role model and she has earned enough to survive. But the circumstances is different while talking about gender balance.
I was also not surprised by her version. I have also realized it in my day to day reporting. When I talked to her the visual of my beginning career was in front of my eyes. “Entering the cricket ground alone, watching football with full of male reporter and viewers, keep silent and listening rubbish hooting”, were something like that making very odd environment. SO let’s not to go long history, at present, we have six women sports journalist including me. It’s been 10 years and just six we are. When I see this figure, I just remember you dear the first Nepali Olympic qualifier, in the same duration you are very first in every connection.
 Every parent feels great when they heard your name. Every player feels proud for your dedication. Every girl wants to be like you. In 2004 there was only one Sangina in the ring. Look today, hundreds of young Sangina is fighting, fight of the game and a fight of representation. Now we have more than thousand women taekwondo player from the different communities to represent the women participation as well as the nation. It was on Monday, I certainly met her on line in Face book.... and started to question her for my course purpose. After all I am a professional sports journalist always looking for public issue in personal relation. Thanks to you Sangina, taekwondo queen..... for being such a lovely friend, whenever I want you are there to speak something.

No comments:

Post a Comment