Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm not a fan, it's just about work!


She certainly came while we all Agie, Custer, Mira and myself were preparing some questions to ask all about a women sports writers. And 'Oh my god….! She looks so young!' I was murmuring to myself. Coming to our table was Kristel Satumbaga, a 28 year old woman journalist of Manila Bulletin.  She is a rear such rare species being among the 15 women sports journalists out of around 60 sports journalist in the Philippines.  '"May be just because of difficulties to go to field and work with totally men-friendly environment, women are less interested to get engaged in sports writing' she said.
 Is there any obstacle to get sources while collecting information? It is Mira's turn to ask her question. 'Of course….!' this time her sound was quite matured. "What happen once in my beginning days, I was so young and a player didn't believe that i was a reporter and really doing my job. That time a famous college basketball player denied to talk to me, because he thought that I was pretending to be a journalist to get a chance to meet him" She told us. I was wondering that she must be discouraged. But the case was different. She moved further and become a well known sports writer. Now she is more focused on it and encouraging young girls to be a sports writer, too.
Athletes may think of you as a fan even though it is just all about work, warned Satumbaga. It's natural. You may have some affection as human being. Tricky thing is that do not show it, She Suggested. "After I finished interviewing Philip and James Younghusband, Philippine's famous handsome football players, I entered the bathroom…and blasted my feeling….Oh…I'm dying…..Phil is so handsome..! She opened her little secret to us.  "Hmmm…." I said to myself, I felt that way too while I did interviewed the Philippines' football team back in Nepal for the AFC Challenge Cup.
Common chill….! We both are not fans, but well…it's just about work!

No comments:

Post a Comment